Start a local movement.
Get your voice heard.
Spread your passion all around campus.
create content around something you're interested in.
BE YOUR OWN BRAND
Relevnt is a new, location-based, mobile first publishing platform that’s driving a new wave around local community voices, storytellers, and journalism.
- Identify your passion: fashion, sports, art, environmental advocate, campus or greek life, gaming, anything!
- Come up with with a name for your new community
- Create a mission statement around your new community
- Create a logo for your new community
- Download Relevnt in the App Store
- Go to Marketplace to register and create your Community in-app. (similar to a website but much easier to create and manage for mobile)
- Populate your domain with posts, pictures, video, and live streams. You can also feed in content from webpages with RSS feeds from multiple sources (directions for adding RSS to your Community can be found here)
- Grow Community members through word of mouth, text and email invites within the app, leveraging your social media following or any other creative means you come up with!
- Must be a UF student
- Can work individually or in groups
- Cannot be lewd, racist, sexist or anti-lgbt (use common sense!)
- Amount of content
- Number of followers
- Amount of engagement of followers (this can be determined through analytics)
- Viability of brand
- Overall design
- Three prizes will be awarded. First place $3000 two runners up will receive $1000 each. Winners will be selected on April 21st .
The deadline for entries is February 28th .
The contest starts February 12th through May 20th . Judges will select the top 20 applicants and Relevnt will host a pre-contest event (date to be determined) with a full demonstration of the app and best practices to get you started! Complete contest rules can be found here.
For more information talk to Lexi Lampner at 786.972.1818 or drop her a note in the contact form.